Wednesday 10 July 2013

LCC Make A Fair

You wouldn't believe where I was last Saturday on one of the hottest days in London, at my university, at the start of my summer break!  while some of you guys where chilling in Brighton or enjoying the sun , I was busy having fun at a  2 day fair called "Make A Fair."  It was actually a great experience and I had more fun then expected.  Considering that it was a really hot day. There were  so many families  and young people there, interacting with the exhibitors. I met an interesting batch of creative individuals. The fair was focused on thee  idea of obviously making things, but not just anything. I saw  futuristic bluetooth wireless speakers, created by a bunch of 15 year olds, UV light emitting sunglasses,  voice control apps for D-SLR camera & many more. It was quite inspiring, not  to mention mind-blowing. There  was one fellow who managed to design a new unique way of producing  music, using old toys. He was able to generate or kinds of crazy sounds & beats. It may have not been a visit to  Buckingham Palace or a  fly to the moon, but it was great.  I  really enjoyed talking to these people and figuring out  just how they do these incredible things.  I  simply had to upload some pictures, just so  people could really understand that words could not describe my experience of being at Make A Fair.

Customised mini pianos, very nice.

This was the guy that  I mentioned earlier. he  had all kinds of different  toys on his table. It's incredible, that he still manages to produce so much music despite the limitations.
hand-made greeting cards. The bird illustrations are cute. 


An impressive batch of miniature chairs. The models are incredible. I need to find out how to make one of these. 


Some sort of 3D model game. its quite unique, you put  marble inside and then u have to  manoeuvre the marble out of the exit. it looks complex  but tis actually really fun. 

3D printer, used for making all kind of things. I've got to get myself one of these machines.




UV light emitted helmet, fashioned to look like a T-REX Dinasoure

More futuristic equipment that somebody started out, by   making an impressive prototype in the living room and now...It's at Make A Fair

Trying on, the  UV emitting sunglasses, without light.


I did't know exactly what this device did ,but I liked it.


I took this picture, using a sound recognition  D-SLR Camera. they had individual photo booths. 

The creator of the UV light T'REX  head gear.  I have to ask him how to make one  of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment